Sunday, November 13, 2011

The inter-workings of a 4 month pregnant lady...

I've written about my feelings about being pregnant now it's time for me to write about my other feelings of being pregnant. All I can say is that if being pregnant will always be this easy (so far at least) then I will multiply and replenish the earth single handedly! I haven't had morning sickness at all. At least not the puking type of morning sickness. I always thought I'd be a typical woman and have a missed period, barf my guts up daily and feel like crap then take the pregnancy test and find out the reason. needless to say that I was honestly surprised that the pregnancy test was positive because I hadn't been sick. I had been more tired than usual but I thought that was just because I'm taking 21 credits this semester and so my body was just trying to adjust to the schedule. I will say, that I did puke the day after we found out. I'm pretty sure that it was mostly a mental thing rather than a physical sickness. As any new mother is, I was full of "I'M GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!! Are we ready for this? Can we afford this? Do I know enough? We've only been married a few months. What are we going to name it? What if it isn't cute?" Granted, the what if it isn't cute question didn't last long because Hello, I'm it's mother and Cameron is it's father. How can that be anything BUT the cutest baby/person ever!?
At first I had to pee OFTEN! It was kind of annoying! I'd get up multiple times a night to go to the bathroom. This last week or so it's been better. Maybe it comes less, or maybe I'm just good at ignoring it. Who knows. :)
I have noticed my mood changing a bit. I'm a lot more annoyed with people than I ever have been. I feel that every night at dinner when I tell Cameron about my classes there is always someone that does or says something stupid. I have a designated person in everyone of my classes that annoys me. The sad thing is, it's not just people in my classes either. I've had a hard time getting to know people in my ward too. I've never struggled making conversation with strangers and meeting new people, but I find that I've had a hard time with that lately. I guess that's not something that pregnancy is completely to blame for but the last few months, my people skills have gone into hibernation. I'm also a lot more emotional. A few weeks ago, I was listening to a conference talk while washing the dishes while doing laundry after I cooked dinner and I just burst into tears. No reason, just started crying. I tried get it all worked out before Cameron came home because how silly would I be if I was sobbing with no reason for it. I was unsuccessful because he came in the door moments later and came to hug and kiss me as usual. When he kindly asked me what was wrong, I felt so foolish telling him that I really didn't know why I was crying. He was kind and just let me be a weird emotional woman. That hasn't been the only time that happened. It's a weird thing.
What I really struggle with is being frustrated with some of the small things Cameron does. I feel like a horrible wife after realizing that I'm being really petty and instead, I need to be grateful instead because he really is the most adorable, hardworking, fun husband ever. I am blessed to be able to call him mine.
I'm also super jumpy. I get scared over the smallest noises, sights, or touches. I was getting a drink of water a few weeks ago and some of my hair was just on my right shoulder, but I didn't know what it was and I literally jumped when I turned to look at it. Yes, small ridiculous things like that. Cameron has enjoyed and taken advantage of that. Actually, I jump at things he does even when he isn't trying to scare me, it just happens.
The last little while I've had a lot more headaches than I've ever had. My whole life I haven't had many headaches until the last month or so. They really haven't been to painful, just more annoying than painful. I've tried to take my mother's infamous advice of "drink more water" and what do ya know, it usually works. I've also had lower back pain. It's not super often, but when it hurts, it really hurts. Shooting pains, OUCH! The lady that lives above us, Joanna, had the same problem and tonight she gave me some stretches that helped her. Now I'm prepared, bring it on!
I think I started showing at about week 14. Cameron couldn't really tell but my size 10 jeans were no longer comfortable to wear. Darci gave me a suggestion of putting an elastic around the button so you could wear them undone but not look like they were undone. Brilliant! However, I have now gotten maternity pants which I've decided are like Manna from Heaven. They feel so much better on my belly and they look a lot more flattering to my ever growing waistline. I like the ones with the full panel that I can pull clear up over my belly. I love them! Now that I'm in week 16 (tomorrow at least) I actually look like a pregnant lady. Darci gave me some maternity shirts yesterday and it is more fun than I thought looking pregnant! I'm sure I'll get sick of my clothes and body shape eventually, but right now I'm enjoying it.
Speaking of Darci, this past Thursday the 10th Adam called me at 7:30 in the morning to tell me that his mom was going to have a baby too! I didn't believe him, but it's true! Darci is due May 12th! I am so excited! I've always wanted my kids to have cousins their same age and now they will! The first one will at least. She said the rest of my 9 kids will be up to Morgan to provide the cousin. I've felt like Mary and Elizabeth. I wonder if our kids will leap with joy inside the womb when they get near each other. What fun. She's started to get a little belly, but I'm definitely bigger than her.
Melody asked me last time what I weighed and I didn't know because I was nervous to look. I've been eating a lot more and only exercising 4 times a week for 30 min. and so I figured that the number on the scale would reflect that, but I was brave the other day and stepped on. I started out weighing 166 and last Friday I weighed 169. I was shocked! I celebrated by eating some leftover Halloween candy!
Well, I think that's about all for tonight. It is fun being pregnant! I find myself talking to my belly which actually isn't as awkward as it seems. It's just like talking to myself only different. I'm excited to be a mom and can't wait to meet the little guy or gal! I love it already!


1 comment:

  1. Love to share your musings and writings. I can know more about my daughter because she writes. :)

    ReplyDelete