Sunday, December 12, 2010

Laughing stock: cattle with a sense of humor.

I know that the title of my post has nothing to do with what the post will actually be about, but I just thought it was funny. As for the post, the banner at the top has a lot to do with what's going on. Let me back up about 2 months. Yes, here we are in for the long haul!! First off, Cameron finally kissed me a few days before Halloween. Joel was in the Middle East and Darci had asked me to help her with her kids. We went to "How to Train Your Dragon" in the theater. We were cuddling through the movie and halfway through he turned my chin and kissed me ever so gently. (sorry, that was uber cheesy but that's how it was.) Since then, things were going relatively smooth in life until Utah State decided to ruin my life. Not quite that dramatic because it's all turned out nicely, but in the moment I was full of rage. I've been working with the head honcho sociology advisor Eddy Berry for a while, like almost a year and a half, planning all my classes and in what order I was going to take them and so forth. I went to register a while ago and I couldn't register for a few of the classes I was supposed to take and I couldn't find the other half of the ones I was supposed to find. Turns out there was a bunch of conflict with classes needing prerequisites emailed my advisor which then opened the flood gates for the drama to come spewing into my life. The shortened version of it is that I couldn't register because I hadn't taken the math placement test and in order to even make anything possible I had to email the professors and ask if I could take them all concurrently. No one was emailing me back, or calling so I went almost the entire week with no classes and no answers to know if I could even get classes. Friday was the day that we were going to have a birthday party for Cameron at Jamie's house but little did I know that that day was going to be such an emotional day. I'd been stressed out all week with no answers but excited for Cameron's birthday party and even more excited to give him his present. (I sewed an elephant on the front of an ugly sweater.) After school that day I went and took the Math placement test which was HORRIBLE! I didn't know any of the answers and the lady was being a real crapface. As I was walking out of the test knowing that I hadn't passed I saw that there was a voice mail from Eddy. Yes, the phone call I'd been waiting for ALL WEEK!!! While listening to her message she told me nothing new. She basically regurgitated the information I'd been asking her about all week. Big mess. Needless to say I was 40 minutes late for work because my test took a long time and I was somewhat paralyzed because I was crying so hard. Here was the problem. I could still go to USU and finish my 7 classes, but the way it was set up was it it would have taken me 3 semesters. NO THANKS! I'm not taking a year and a half to finish 7 classes. So work was hard that day because I couldn't concentrate worth crap. Erin was super nice and went and got lunch for us and stayed and talked to me. After work I went to Jamie's still nervous to tell Cameron. He'd called me to see how the test went, but I was not in the mood to talk about it with him right then. I got to Jamie's and still had about an hour before I had to pick him up from the train. I picked him up and pretty much melted right then and there. He was all dressed up and he looked DANG GOOD! He's super cute! On the way back to Jamie's he asked me why I didn't call him back and I said that we'd talk about it later because I knew that if I talked about it right there I'd be a mess and you can't be a mess when you're about to have the birthday party of the century! Uh uh! We had a lot of fun at the party then after when it was just me and him, I told him everything. I told him of the frustrating day and what I was stressed about. He took it like a champ! He had a brilliant idea of me transferring to UVU. I'd thought of that, but not more than "oh, that'd be nice to be at UVU so I could be close to him." The next day we went to the temple and out to lunch with my sisters. Funny story, while were at lunch, when we were ordering the man asked for a name for them to call when our food was finished and without thinking, Cam said "George!" I had to try soooo hard to hold it in! I tell people a fake name when I meet them for the first time (don't worry, I don't do it all that often) but I've never thought to do it to the food people. I guess I'm worried that I'd forget the name I told them then I'd never get my food, and that's NOT ok. But it was funny and definitely one of my favorite moments with him. Anyway, when I got back to Logan I started the "change my life" ball rolling, (of course after praying about it and making sure it was right) I got accepted to UVU, got housing, sold my contract at Bridgerland, and had a few job interviews. I moved here and things have been great there was only two setbacks of a car wreck and a close call with being homeless for a night. (those get their own posts, they're that good!) But ya, I live in Wolverine Crossing now and it's great! I have my own room and AND bathroom! I do love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment