Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tender Mercies abound!

"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend." Mosiah 4:9
Yesterday I was walking to my marriage and family relations class in which we had a test. Honestly, I was a little nervous for it. I was just about to the Family Life building, where my class is, when I saw a couple walking across the Quad. They were what I'm assuming was a mom and dad with their baby. I think the baby was a girl. I'm not really sure, she was pretty young. This couple looked like they were struggling with life a bit. They were wearing tattered clothes, the dad hadn't shaved in probably three weeks and the mom was on the phone yelling at whomever she was talking to. My heart hurt for this family. I wanted to take them home, give them a good meal and let them shower. Mostly I just wanted to give the baby some love and attention. I'm sure they love her and pay attention to her but I just felt like she deserved more. When I got closer to them, I looked at the baby and she gave me the sweetest smile I have ever seen. It brought tears to my eyes. I've always known that babies are perfect, but at that moment, this scripture came into my mind. I KNOW that God lives, I KNOW that we are his children and the loves us. The image of her smile is etched on my heart and I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that loves me enough to let me share in that moment.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Julia. Beautiful thoughts, beautiful testimony, beautiful daughter. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete