Friday, November 27, 2009

I live in Thanksgiving daily....

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone and I'm still full of thanks. On my mission I had an affirmation that I loved and adored and thought was absolutely hilarious. I got it from a scripture in Alma. My affirmation said, "I live in Thanksgiving daily.....and I eat like it too!" Not exactly the most spiritual but it made me smile. I didn't take the opportunity to tell anyone what I was thankful for this year, so now I'm going to. I'm omitting the obvious ones such as the gospel, my family, friends, house, job, my mission, America...you know the ones that I am thankful for but I'd like to focus on the smaller things that bring me joy. Here we go...

1. The sound of snow falling off the trees onto my umbrella. I was walking home the other day after it snowed and I walked under a tree and the snow falling off the tree onto my umbrella was the coolest sound. I'm not going to lie, the first time it scared me, but then I found myself going out of my way to walk under trees. I can't even type the sound it made, but it was wonderful.

2. Nutella and Pretzels. WOW! seriously, this is heaven in my mouth. I loooove it! I can't even explain how many endorphins were released when I discovered this goodness.

3. Compliments from cute boys. Who am I kidding, compliments from anyone are wonderful, but when it comes from a cute boy! Oh baby oh baby...nothin' better!

4. Children's laughter. Can you really hold it in when you hear a child laughing. The alarm on my phone is of one of my nieces laughing and I'm 100% sure that's one of the reasons I'm learning to be a tolerable morning person. I love how they laugh at just about anything.

5. Hookie 5. That's my favorite game. I love it! Even though my neighbors get mad at us for being to loud, it's totally worth it. Wanna play?

6. Fresh Bread. Come one come all, GET IN MY BELLY!! I know it's something to be eaten in moderation, but so is everything else! I eat fish VERY MODERATELY, like none at all, so I feel that for as much fish as I don't eat, I get to make up for that in eating bread.

7. Music. There aren't many genres that I don't like. Sometimes I consider myself a walking jukebox. Yes yes, Pandora and I are basically Best Friends.

8. Being simple minded. The other night I had one of the best nights ever! It was completely free too! Some of the most wonderful people I know were all in my apartment. We watched a silly movie while we were waiting for Jana to get home from her date. After the movie, we were just talking (and when I say talking I really mean paint balling the sidewalk with paint balls and my slingshot.) when Angela and I decided to build a fort out of the kitchen chairs and blankets. We climbed inside with our trustee mascot Judice, Kade, Rebecca, and Youtube. We giggled because every time we heard the slightest noise outside we figured it was them and we went from laughing hysterically at some movie to complete silence. OK, not complete...hello it's us! That's impossible to be completely silent around us. Silence is humor with us. When she finally got home, after an awkward moment involving a bodily function and fort rearranging, we decided that it would be a riot to learn the dance from the movie we just watched. Below is the evidence...

We should make a movie now because we are so much better! Well, I should say that I am so much better. Kade has always been amazing.

9. Steamers! Yum! They are at 7-11 by the hot chocolate. 1.06 for the smallest one. My friend Matt and I always get them and they definitely bring smiles to my face and warmth to my body.

10. Nicknames. I feel such a connection and bond for those that I give nicknames to and with those that give me names. A few of my favorites would be that each one in my family has a different name for me. My dad calls me Willa, mom calls me Beelers, Jamie calls me Julz, Jodi calls me Julia-Boolia, Darci calls me Bee, Emily calls me Goonie, and Morgan calls me Jewee. I love nicknames. The stories of how they come about are fantastic! (Most of the time that is.)

I am definitely thankful for much much more but I'm pooped...and also tired. So for tonight I say BEANS AND NACHOS! (that means goodnight in Juliaeese!)

4 comments:

  1. It's still fun for me to see you dance. I am thankful for you. You are a wonderful dughter and you help me to smile and be happy. You are a blessing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for you and your amazingness. I just have to say that I don't remember ever calling you Julia-Boolia but I can definately start. Scott knows you as Julz though. Pictures aren't half as fun as the real thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so this says I am Emily but this is Jamie using Emily's computer. Can I just say I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! IF I ever need a Julia fix......whick happens quite often....I just read your blog. It always brightens my day and brings a smile to my face....ok so usually I am rolling on the floor laughing....but it does the trick! :) Love your guts!! I am u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, have you talked to me on the phone lately? I ALWAYS say hi Jodi-Bodi! and you ALWAYS hi Julia-Boolia! It happens everytime! I know you always call me Julz, but Julia-boolia was what got typed first. and I love blogging. This break I'll have more time to do a bit more creative ones, so toon (ha! I really mean tune, but it came out toon, but that's fitting too because I am quite animated!) anyway, tune in for more goodness soon.

    ReplyDelete