Thursday, July 19, 2012

un-boring

It's been said that when you have a baby, the relationship and the groove of how things go with your spouse change. I agree but it's been a great change. I know I've said it before but Cam seriously has been such a big help with Addie. Whatever I need he's there to do it. Uh, BLESSINGS! I've also heard that dates are nearly impossible and that conversation is 99.9% about the baby. I can see how that could be the case; however, not with us. We have both taken different weekends to plan a date. And, we are still full of conversation that has nothing to do with Addie. Yes, we do talk about her a lot, but not constantly. Addie does go with us on dates because I'm not comfortable with letting her out of my sight for longer than 10 minutes yet. Two dates that I want to remember took place the last two weeks.
The first date we went on is one that I planned. I got this idea from a blog do do an alphabet date. What is that you might ask, well I picked the letter L and created a date from that. Where we went had to start with L, what we ate had to start with L, what we watched had to start with L, and what we wore had to start with L. It didn't turn out quite as I imagined, but it was fun none the less.
We both wore Levis on our L date then we went to Lynnwood, Washington. In Lynnwood we toured Heritage Park. We went after hours so we just looked around ourselves. I'm sure it would have been more educational had we taken the tours that were there during the day.
The first house was the first general store and post office in Alderwood Manor (which is now called Lynnwood).

The second house was the Superintendent's cottage and water tower. This was a less than exciting to look at but we had fun looking at it together.
There was also this old railroad car which, like the house pictured above wasn't very exciting.
The part that I enjoyed the most was this random statue: I don't get what it had to do with the rest of the park, but it was there and amusing.
My other favorite part was the pretty back part. There were lots of pretty trees and openness. Cam Loved climbing the trees.
After that we were going to eat some Licorice, but we forgot to stop at the store and get some. We went home to watch Life as we know it, but we didn't get that channel so we watched something different. See, it wasn't quite as planned but we were in Love the whole time!

The next weekend we took Addie on her first exploration of downtown Seattle. She doesn't know it, but she loved it! We rode a bus down walked around Pike Place Market for a while, then Cam took us to show us his office where he works. After that we went to Qdoba (a Mexican place, like Cafe Rio) then walked around the waterfront. It was a lot of fun. We bought some pretty flowers at Pike Place that smelled so good in our kitchen for a week or so. We love Seattle.

We love spending time together as a family.


1 comment:

  1. I smile thinking how un-boring you guys are. Thanks for calling when you do. I love to hear from you in any form of communication.

    ReplyDelete