Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dance in the rain and forget about the storm.

I'm pretty sure I've never been this busy in my life, other than my mission. Here is a typical schedule for me. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays I babysit for Brother and Sister Adam's. They have 4 kids. I go in the morning from 6-8:30. Home for a shower, school from 10:30-2:45, Work at Lasting Engraving, then work at Ink Solutions until 9, homework, talk to my Trevor, and bed. Tuesday and Thursdays I go to the gym in the morning from 7-8 then a quick shower and work at ink solutions then Lasting Engraving. Seriously, I get so worn out, but I love being busy. Oh, and I'm sick again now to top it all off. Sore throat, runny nose, man voice...you know the usual. It's literally a sick cycle. I work myself up and take on more than I can handle and stress myself out then get sick and I never get better. So, like my title says, I'm trying to dance in the rain and forget about my storm. Life is good none the less.

Somewhat switching gears, I just wanted to write about something I learned in church today. Our sacrament meeting was fantastic. Backing up a bit, all day I'd been thinking about fire and the symbolism of it. In sacrament meeting, Justin spoke about that same thing, fire. He pointed out that a fire takes a lot of work to build. Then after you build it, that's not all you have to keep continually putting wood in the fire to make it grow. Fire keeps us warm and brings light into our lives. The part I was thinking about today is that the refiners fire burns away impurities. That's like our testimony and the trials in our lives. We will always have trials, but we have our testimony to fuel our fire that keeps us going. It keeps us warm, but can also cause us pain when we are being refined and having our impurities burned off. So the things that are hard are also a blessing. That reminds me of that scripture in Ether 12:27. My weak things can be made strong. But do I really believe that? Do I work for that? Do I want to make my weak things become strong? It's easy to do that with some things that I struggle with, but what about my "pet sins" do I really want those to be a strength? Am I putting wood in the fire so I can keep getting refined? Even though it's painful am I trying to become better? These are just some questions that have been on my mind. I don't really have answers, but just like Nephi says, I know not the meaning of all thing, but I know that God loves His children. I know that God loves me and he's waiting for me to progress.

Even though, I'm busy and overwhelmed I'm dancing in the storm.

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing, even the titles. I don't title many journal entries. You're setting the good example for me all the time. Feeling a little better all the time but still have your man voice? Thanks for everything! The popcorn popper and all!

    ReplyDelete