Monday, March 8, 2010

There are boys as wonderful as my daddy....

This is an ode to the fantastic boys that live downstairs. I talk about them a lot because I love them all and they have blessed my life in so many ways. Elder Rasband talked in the CES fireside last night about the power of having good friends. These boys definitely fit in that category. They are fantastic! So, here is a little bit about each one of them.

This is Kevin Jackson. He is from West Haven (Ogden-ish area). He has a wonderful family that is all musically inclined. His older brother was in my ward last year. If you ask him what instrument he plays he'll say, "the radio." Which might be true, but he sings, and plays the trumpet or something like that. One of my favorite things about Kevin is how funny he is. He doesn't think he's being funny or he doesn't try to be funny and that makes it even more funny. He served his mission in the West Indies. He is currently engaged to Chelsea Haws. He is studying Engineering of some sort. So yes, he's brilliant.

This is my little "Kader-tot" Ok, so his real name is Kade Richardson. He is from Roy and proud of it. Honestly, he is only partly a Roy-ite. He grew up in Pocatello for a long time too. He has siblings still in Idaho. He's the youngest in his family. Random, him and Kevin were in the same mission. They were never companions nor did they plan on being roommates, it just worked out that way. Small world. He is dang good at singing too. He loves life and being random, and I like that about him. He's very smart and going into economics I think. Honestly, I'm not quite positive what his major is. Oops! Sorry Kade, I'll learn that someday. One thing we both love doing is laughing at youtube videos and watching friends. He has a talent for finding the most HILARIOUS youtube movies. One of my best memories of Kade is when he proposed to me by singing a Taylor Swift song in the middle of KOHLS. HILARIOUS!!!


This is Shmandrew. Andrew Spratt is his real name, but we mesh words, so somehow his name came out Shmandrew. Andrew is from the land of Bounty. I know what his major is because he makes it known. (in a good way) He's an English major. One of my favorite things about him is that he wants to go to Princeton. YES! He wants to teach English, and he should because he is a fantastic teacher. He's always teaching me new words, or telling us about the latest book he's read. One thing that I love about Andrew is that he is so spontaneous. This picture is of him helping me make earrings over Christmas break. What boy does that? Oh Andrew does! He is up for pretty much about anything. He knows a lot about cars and loves watching Top Gear. He served his mission in Arizona and loves the fact that he's lived in a trashy trailer in Thatcher Arizona. This trailer was his favorite because of the noisy heater. And the hole in the window or floor, something like that. He said there was cactus in the back, but really I think he said that it was just a pile of leaves. I really love how freely Andrew gives compliments. The thing is that he means them.

This is Steven Haws. He is the sweetest man alive. He is honest, pure, hard working and absolutely wonderful. There is not a mean bone in his body. He is from Bountiful too. Kevin and Steven have been super good friends for a while and if you notice, Kevin is engaged to a Haws. Yes, it's his little sister. He is quite the matchmaker. Steven served his mission in Washington and was such a wonderful missionary. I love talking missions with him. I remember one night he came up, or somehow it ended up just being me and him in my apartment talking about the ups and downs of missions for a while. He is so pure and innocent. That's honestly the only way I can describe him. He laughs at everything I say, so naturally I love being around him. He makes me feel funny.

I love mostly knowing that 4 completely worthy priesthood holders live 32 steps away from me. Last week I was so stressed out and I asked them to give me a blessing. They came running up all dressed up and ready to help. I have learned something unique about myself because of something they have each taught me. I've loved being their neighbor and I love that we are eternal friends. We have soooooo many inside jokes, it's kinda ridiculous. BFF's forever boys! :)




1 comment:

  1. No one can have enough good friends, especially when they hold the Priesthood and can bless you when you're needing. I'm thankful.

    ReplyDelete