Saturday, January 7, 2012

Birthday Bliss

It's official, I'm the oldest I've ever been. I'm officially a whoppin' 26 years old. It was such a wonderful birthday and sadly I don't have any pictures to show for it. I told Cameron that the only thing I really REALLY wanted for my birthday was for him to get a haircut and for him to snuggle with me in the morning. He's so great, he did both. He got a haircut Wednesday night and he looks as handsome as ever. I woke up to him snuggling with me which was fantastic! He is the best cuddler. He can't sleep touching so it was nice of him to cuddle with me for as long as he did. I sure love him. He still had school that day so after he was ready for the day he let me open my presents. The first one I opened was two tickets to the concert that night of the Utah Symphony. Woo! The next one I opened was from his parents which was a gift card to a restaurant called Carrabbas that I had been wanting to go to for a while. The other presents I opened were more tickets for the end of the month to a Shakespearean show called "The Merchant of Venice." Look at us, we're so cultured! He also gave me two tickets for a movie called Captain America, and a bottle of perfume. The most creative gift he gave me was a library book. Yes, he checked out a book from the series of Sideways Stories of Wayside School. I LOVED reading these books when I was in about 4th grade and a while ago we were talking about them and how funny they are. Isn't he thoughtful to remember and creative to not buy it but to check it out from the library and wrap it up. We've loved reading it together.
The day was also full of wonderful phonecalls from my cute kiddos before they went to school my sisters, parents, brother, and friends. It's nice to feel so loved and appreciated.
While Cam was at school Jamie came down to hang out with me. We had so much fun! We went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe which was DELICIOUS! Then we went shopping at Burlington Coat factory and the distribution center to get nursing garments. After that we went to get pedicures. I haven't had one since my wedding so naturally I forgot how nice it is to have my feet soaked and scrubbed! We had a good laugh when Jamie's massage chair "mysteriously" turned on and started jiggling her. She really pushed the button with her elbow but didn't know she did. It was quite funny. After our pampering we went to the mall and shopped around. Our goal was to find a nursing bra but we only found them in black and I want white. After we were all shopped out at the mall we went to a store in Provo to get me some new undershirts. I was in need of new ones since the ones I had were all stretched out and safety pinned together. By the time we were done with that we had just enough time to run home and warm up our leftover apple crisp we got at lunch before Cameron came home. When Cam got home, we said goodbye to Jamie and headed to dinner. Dinner was absolutely delicious! The bread and salads were fantastic! After dinner we went to the Symphony. I loved watching this conductor because of his floppy hair. He'd get so into the music that his hair would flounce around. Also, this piano player was probably the best pianist I'd ever seen and He's only 17! He was also fun to watch because he'd get so close to banging his head on the piano when playing. It was quite entertaining. We had great seats and enjoyed the wonderful music.

After the Symphony we came home to our friend Chelsi who had brought over some brownies she'd made. Yum! It was such a wonderful day! I was so spoiled. I have the best family and friends!

1 comment: