Sunday, January 22, 2012

the latest projects

Being graduated definitely has it's perks. I've finally had time to get a few things done that I've been wanting to do. I've had a few crochet projects at the top of my list and here is how they've turned out.


I made headbands for Georgia, Amelia, and Eliza.

I made two different beanies for our wee daughter. I don't really know how big a newborns head is so that's why they are two different sizes.
I made some hot pads. Mostly because after all the previous projects I still wasn't out of yarn yet so I made these. They aren't the prettiest things in the world, but I was pleased as my first attempt. They were super easy too. I'd say they only took me an hour or so.
This is my other project. It still needs some work, but here it is so far. It's pictures that tell our story. We met on the mission, we dated, we got engaged, we got married, we went on a honeymoon, we lived in Seattle, and the last picture is one of our ultrasound pictures of the baby.

That's what I've done when I'm not working so far. My next project is going to be a quilt (made by hand since I don't have a sewing machine) for the baby. I haven't quilted in years so it could be interesting. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Like all of your projects, you're so nifty & crafty, it's fun. On to a quilt. What are you going to use for frames, etc??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Bealer, ha I havent called you that for a long time.A great blog you have done. A heart in a Dad has been touched. Haw great are you.Not hard that is to imagine,Jewy is a grajukate. SLY, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dearest Mom and Dad. I do enjoy blogging, it helps me think. It also helps me productively pass the time now that I'm grajukated and all. But it's true, I wouldn't be so darn cool if I didn't have great parents! SLY more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Haircut pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete