Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cravings?

So, by way of a pregnancy update I frequently get asked what I'm craving. Honestly, nothing really. I can only remember one day that I wanted french fries REALLY bad, but other than that my appetite has generally stayed the same. However, If I had to pick a "craving" I have noticed a peak in my interest for marshmallows and toast. Not together, but individually. I've never cared much for marshmallows, but Jamie gave us a bag a little while ago and I've noticed that every time I open that drawer to get out the bread to make a toast, I see that little bag and I have to have a little handful. I've always loved toast so that's nothing new, I just eat more of it lately. Thankfully, fish has always been gross to me, and it still is. I'm definitely not one of those crazy pregnant ladies that now love they things they hated and hate the things they loved. Or one of those ladies that crave non-food items like pencil eraser shavings or weird combinations of food like pickles and ice cream or miracle whip and grape jelly. And ya know what, I'm ok with that! : ) My sense of smell has also increased. For the majority of my pregnancy I've hated the smell of popcorn. YUCK! But now I do think that my sense of smell is heightened. Right now popcorn is the only thing that comes to mind when thinking of negative smells, but I have noticed a slight increase in my ability to smell things.

Let's see, now that I'm almost at my 3rd trimester it's pretty undeniable that I'm pregnant. My belly is not usually this shape. The weird thing is that people still haven't noticed. For example, the person interviewing me for 2 different jobs a few weeks ago didn't notice. Then my first day of work with the girls at YHA didn't notice. Granted, I was wearing a super floppy red shirt while sitting down so it wasn't as obvious then, but really? Then yesterday at work this is the conversation I had with the kid Matt I was working with. Keep in mind this whole conversation took place standing up which makes my belly even more noticeable. I was also wearing a maternity sweater so it was pretty dang obvious yesterday.

Matt: "I noticed you have a ring, are you married? "
Me: "Yes I am!"
Matt: "That's great, do you have any kids?"
Me: "Kind of, I'm currently pregnant."
Matt: "You're pregnant? I couldn't tell. When are you due?"
Me: "The end of April."
Matt: "Really? That's so close, I usually can tell by now."

Was he just trying to be nice? I'm trying to take all of these incidents as compliments, but it's kind of hard because I'm not usually this big! Oh well, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment