Monday, January 16, 2012

Ode to Morgan

Today is a very special day. 23 years ago my one and only little brother was born. My life has been richly blessed because of him. I've thought a lot about him this past week so here are just a few things I've thought about and reasons why I love him.

Morgan and I have had quite the relationship. Growing up, I loved having a little brother to boss around. Sometimes I'd have the need to dress something up and be my little baby and when the cat wouldn't cooperate, Morgan was the lucky winner and was so patient with my constant need to mother. He was so good to take all my bossiness. I was probably the bossiest sister he had, but he always took it so well.
To my surprise it didn't bother me at all when I was dating David and Morgan came with us everywhere. David and I were seniors and Morgs was a freshman and we were the three amigos. I loved it! The three of us had a lot of fun playing basketball and just being random. It was in this little trio we had going that I ended up with the nickname of Jewee. It's kind of a weird name and now I only like it when he calls me it. Well, dad has called me that for a while too, so it's ok with him too.
I loved watching him wrestle in High School even though I was on my mission for his glorious senior year. He was so good to write me every week on my mission. I tried to be as good for him while he was on his mission but I'm just not as good as him. One thing I love about Morgs is that he is so good at giving compliments. He's pretty quiet (sometimes) but when he does talk it's uplifting. I'm trying to be more like him in this regards. He's always calling us his "beloved sisters" or just saying how awesome we are.
He's a hard worker at overcoming obstacles in his life. He is also such a joy to be around. I can't think of Morgan without thinking of much of a tease he is! I could go on for hours about times that he has teased me. A few examples are when he'd pretend to snore in the back seat of the car, sneak under the dinner table and pinch someones toes, hide in random places in the house to wait to scare me, teasing me about Benny, "my darling lover boy," and making scripture study a fun time.
When I told him while he was on his mission that I was getting married before he got home he of course felt bad but was still super supportive even though he'd never met Cameron before. What a good brother!
It's not just my life that has been touched by his goodness. He's the best little brother anyone could ask for. I LOVE YOU MORGS!







No comments:

Post a Comment